
Here is a recipe for granola bars that James and I love. I still haven't played to "healthitize" it, so if any of you want to try let me know how it goes.
Melt together until very hot, but not boiling
3/4 C. butter
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 C. honey
Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
2 C. rice krispies
2 C. corn flakes (measure, then crush)
4 C. quick oats
3 tsp baking powder
1 C. slivered almonds
1 C. toasted coconut
1 C. sunflower seeds
(When cool, if desired you can also add 1 C. raisins, chocolate chips, dry fruit, cinnamon, etc.)
Press into cookie sheet or 9x13 pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 12-20 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
I tried it with chocolate chips one time, and actually preferred it without, which is weird for me because I LOVE chocolate. The toasted coconut and almonds really make a difference, I just spread it out on a cooking sheet and put in in the oven to broil for a couple minutes.
1 comment:
Just made them--delicious!
Post a Comment