Sunday, January 14, 2007


Virtual dinner together, anyone?

Over Christmas, some of the Christensen clan (all women, but the men would be wise to agree) decided that it would be nice to be able to swap recipes online. I have wanted to start a food blog, but it seemed self indulgent to write to myself about what I made for dinner. But if we are all contributing to an online sequel to that beautiful blue binder of Christensen concoctions, I feel much better about it.

You can find a few of my favorite online searches for recipes (in addition to allrecipes.com) here and here and here, and here is a wonderful recipe for lemon oatmeal cookies at a fun baking website.

If this feels like a hijack to anyone, we can take our recipes elsewhere. But with blogger's tagging abilities, we should be able to carry on all sorts of conversations together and sort them accordingly. (I would also like to know what y'all are reading. . . .)

Let me know what you all think. In any case, we need to continue sharing pictures of our adorable children in utero or out.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I really like the idea of sharing recipes. I know I have added some new favorites since the family cookbook was "published", and I'd love to try some from everyone else as well!